Saturday, June 21, 2014

Dance Tips

The one thing I wrote on 'about me' description is that, I love dance. And it is true, I love dance really. At the beginning, I always wanted some tips that would let me get started. I searched for tips and would like to share some of the tips that I find worth sharing:


  1. Perfect your posture:    Stand up straight, push your shoulders down and back, and hold your head up. It's truly amazing what good posture does for a dancer.
  2. Stretch :      A dancer must be flexible. He/She must be able to interpret the music through their body. Daily stretching will make your body much more flexible. Flexibility helps makes every move look effortless. And that is the major goal of dancing,to make each move look effortless. So make it a practice to do stretching every day. 
     The above picture shows some stretching exercises.
  3. Improve your technique:     Professional dancers spend their entire careers perfecting their technique. Good technique is what separates the good dancers from the best dancers. Learn new moves, but strive to perfect the skills of each step.
  4. As a last tip, I quote from a novel:       " A dance without bhav(emotion) is like a body without soul. When the emotions of the dancer participate, she/he would not need to remember the steps. The steps come to you. The bhav is something you cannot learn. It comes to you if you can create the space in your heart for it. :-The immortals of meluha (by Amish).





                                         
Keep dancing, al the dancers out there. And check out this facebook page for anything related to dance: https://www.facebook.com/obsessed2dance